Talking to your teen – the prospect can unnerve even the most assured parent. But it can be easier and more meaningful than you think. Our #TeenTalk Twitter chat is all about how you talk to your teen with confidence about their challenges, including puberty.
The chat is sponsored by the #TeenTalk campaign, run by Boots UK and P&G. Recent research from Boots UK and P&G reveals shows:
- 33% of parents wish they could talk more openly with their teen
- 68% of parents find it difficult to approach puberty topics, some avoiding the #TeenTalk
- 1 in 5 parents are unsure about how to start the puberty conversation
With the #TeenTalk campaign, Boots and P&G are offering special deals on selected trusted brands through 6 June (products have changed a lot since we were teens!). When you go into Boots, you can also pick up a FREE #TeenTalk Guide on the aisle, with tips on talking to your child more seamless. Go to http://www.boots.com/teentalk for more info.
We want to know:
- Are you confident about talking to your teen?
- How and when you talk to your teen to make the conversation easier
- Tips you would give to other parents trying to talk to their teens
- Any stories about your #TeenTalk moments, including unexpected joys or the occasional amusing stumble
Come, join the conversation and tweet us on Thursday 1 June from 13:00 – 14:00 BST and you could win 1 of 10 £25 Boots shopping vouchers just for taking part!
HOW TO TAKE PART AND JOIN THE FUN
Tweet on Thursday 1 June between 13:00 – 14:00 BST about your #TeenTalk moments and tips, using the hashtag #TeenTalk. You must be following @BritMums and @BootsUK to participate.
10 lucky winners, chosen at random, will win a £25 shopping voucher.
- Thursday 1 June 2017 13:00 – 14:00 BST
- Prize: 1 of 10 £25 Boots shopping vouchers
- Follow @BritMums and @BootsUK
- Tweet your #TeenTalk moments and tips for other parents
- Don’t forget to visit http://www.boots.com/teentalk for more tips, advice and Q&As.
Also tweeting are our co-hosts, who make the discussion that much better and are compensated for their involvement. Make sure you follow them too!
Please read the Terms & Conditions.
The winners are:
Michelle O @MsPurplePumpkin
Mums do travel @grettaschifano
Mummy Of 3 Diaries @V82CHRIS
Angela Paull @angep1969
AKA @goriami @goriami
Anne Boyes @AnnieMay64
Eileen Teo @etspeaksfrom
Emma Bradley @emmaand3