- Do something that you love : Angie from The Small Business Kit suggest the best way to make money is to find something you enjoy doing like turning your hobby into something profitable. This is one of the reasons why craft businesses are booming.
- Invest time not money : I love this tip from Work For Mums spend some time building a few free marketing tools – like creating a dedicated blog or setting up your social media channels Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter. Instead prove how good you are by writing and sharing great quality content to show potential customers that you are an expert in your field.
- Reinvest any money back into growing the business : You can read how I started Charlie Moo’s on £56.65 over on Baby Budgeting by reinvesting back into the business, stock, website and design.
- Sell yourself : This is where many bloggers become full time money earners. Money Nuggets is so right that a cheap way to start a business with no money is by selling your skills. If you have a skill that is in demand, whether that be writing blog posts, helping with social media or even cleaning someones home (I could do with one of these!) you can justifiably charge for your services. Perfect way to start a business with zero cash.
- Marketing : Savvy Business Mums has this great post with ten ways to market your business for free, which will give your start up a much needed boost. I love the idea of linking up to other business that compliment yours.
If you have any great tips for starting a business on a budget then please do leave a comment below. Time Management is our theme for March if you have a relevant post tweet me your links @CharlieMoos