You have your ticket to BritMums Live! You’ve booked your train and hotel, arranged to meet a fellow blogger at the tube. Now you are counting the days. It’s almost time. Exciting! Yes! Nervous? Maybe? You are not alone!
BritMums Live is a fantastic event, it’s exciting, it’s busy, there are loads of brilliant sessions to attend. Even those who have been before can get pre-conference nerves. It’s natural to feel nervous.
Help is at hand. The BritMums Butterflies! 7 intrepid bloggers there to meet and greet when you arrive. Our job is to provide a little bit of TLC, introduce you to other people and send you on your way to make the most of the conference. Whether you are new to BritMums Live, or just keen to reach out and meet some new people, the butterfly area is a great place to hang out, we even have sofas this year!
Look out for us as you arrive, find us in the hub in our own special BritMums Butterflies area. Come say hello and meet other bloggers.
Make some connections before you go. Join the BritMums Butterflies Facebook Group. It is a lovely mix of bloggers, old and new. Check out the BritMums Butterflies twitter list via @Michelloui on twitter. We can answer pre-conference questions and are happy to dish out advice. @MyTwoMums has a great twitter list too.
- Arrange to meet up with a fellow blogger at the tube or at the station. It’s easier entering an event with someone by your side.
- Have a list of people you would like to meet and pre-tweet them or leave a comment on their blog. Maybe suggest a post BiBs drink or meal?
- At the event – look out for Pink Butterflies on tables at the sessions. Join that table and meet other bloggers.
- Plan! Have a look at the agenda and list of speakers and plan your BritMums Live experience. It doesn’t mean you have to stick to the plan but it gives you a much better idea of what you want to get from BritMums Live.
- Check out the list of brands too, if there’s a brand you are keen to work with, have a few questions or thoughts about them up your sleeve to make saying hello go smoothly.
The biggest blogging conversation killer is when someone hasn’t heard of your blog. Don’t be offended, it happens to everyone. Have some snippets about what your blog is about to fill the gap. and if you haven’t heard of someone’s blog, be honest, but ask questions, show interest and ask for their card!
See you at BritMums Live! Love from The BritMums Butterflies!
Gemma – Helloitsgemma
Penny – The Alexander Residence
Sophie – Super Amazing Mum
Michelle – Mummy from the Heart
Michelle – The American Resident
Clare – Seasider in the City
Anya – Older Single Mum