Taking part in the BritMums Book Club with Penguin is a great way to score a free copy of new books, read along with a group of fellow bloggers and discuss what you loved (or hated) about them in the comfort of your own home. Book Club hostess Jacqueline Steward announces the next book below.
Keep up to date with the latest by joining the BritMums Book Club community group and to be first to know about the next book and how to get your free copy!
Over to Jacqueline:
We’ve just chosen the next book for the BritMums Book Club with Penguin, which looks fab and is a great read from another highly regarded novelist. John Banville’s Ancient Light explores a love affair between a 15-year-old boy and his best friend’s 35-year-old mother in 1950s Ireland. Ancient Light looks at truth, memory and obsession as the elderly actor Alexander Cleave looks back on key episodes in his life. Did the affair happen the way he remembers? Some of you might remember the character of Alex in his earlier novels.
The signup form for Ancient Light is now LIVE! A free copy will be sent to the first 100 who sign up with UK mailing details. First come, first served, so get in quick. Books are always available for sale online or in local book shops if you miss the free copies. Looking forward to reading this just as much as our last book Honour and the discussion around it.
How are you getting on with Honour? We’re discussing it in the Book Group and also sharing our posts about it on this Linky. It’s not too late to get your own copy from the Library, your local book shop or even borrow from another BritMums blogger if you’ve got any near you who’ve got a copy!
Loved all the comments so far!
— Jacqueline, @bestandbeyond
How to take part in the next BritMums Book Club
1. Sign up to receive a FREE copy of Ancient Light (yes! Shipped straight to you!)
2. Join the Book Club group in the community to keep up with the latest and tell us how you’re getting on – community.britmums.com/group/bookclub
3. Read the book by 13 May 2013, and join in the discussion on the www.BritMums.com post that will go up that week.
4. Love the book? Hate the book? Post about it on your blog!
5. Add your link to the Linky that will appear in the discussion post on the BritMums blog. (This isn’t up yet, we’ll post closer to the reading deadline.)
6. Find out more about how it works in this post and meet the group leader Jacqueline.