Sorry – listening to Puff Daddy circa 1996 and the current craze for high-tops and baggy pants has made me go all gansta, innit? But what is up is a list of ten stunning, superb and superlative posts that I have come across whilst I should have been working on other things *ahem* housework *ahem* this week. A ‘Hang Ten’, if you will, just to mix my street parlance with a little surfer vernacular Although I presume now that you can find such terms on Wikipedia, they are all somewhat passe and merely show me to be an out-of-touch mother. Fortunately I am one so the insult is bearable.
Moving on. What I have for you is my debut BritMums round-up and there are some beauties. What am I saying? You are all beautiful in my eyes.
- Big Fashionista made Big News this week by putting a stop to a magazine campaign.
- It’s a Dad’s Life pays homage to the stay-at-home parent.
- Kelloggsville shares a brilliant post on Girls’ Puberty Questions. I’ve bookmarked this one for when the time comes.
- Patch of Puddles writes of the pain so great that she cannot deal with it. She could definitely do with a virtual hug.
- Ministry of Mum tells us about feeling The Fear.
- Pants with Names had me at squash. Read about what it was like growing up in the 1970′s.
- Nickie O’Hara pointed me in the direction of some great Social Media tips from Simply Zesty.
- The Potty Diaries had an awkward yet important conversation with her boys.
- In response to the great *whispers*Liz Jones article, Middle-Aged Matron had me crying with laughter. She’s a shoo-in for the next series of Have I Got News For You with such satire, I reckon.
- And The Boy and Me made Toffee Apple Tart. Well, what kind of round-up would it be if there was no cake?
Tune in for more mediocre wit and inspiring reads next time, folks!
Ever been picked as one of our Good Reads? Go grab the badge (at the bottom of this page) and wear with pride. You rock!