BritMums is proud to support charities. This post by Kylie at Not Even a Bag of Sugar, asks bloggers to lend support for this important Tommy’s initiative. Please have a read, and add a post to the Linky below.
My son is 3 years old. He tells me when he grows up he is going to be a baby doctor. Currently he has three patients, a teddy, a rabbit and a pirate. He takes their temperature, checks their tummies for swelling, and maintains their breathing. He is a very kind and caring doctor.
Joseph was born weighing just 1lb 7oz. Without medical research done by organisations like Tommy’s, Joseph would not be here. I had severe pre eclampsia and my treatment plan was based on the research done by Tommy’s.
Tommy’s has asked for our help. From 27th August – 16th September, Asda are holding their Baby and Toddler event across the UK. During the event leading brands – such as Huggies, Pampers and Cow & Gate – are giving a donation to Tommy’s, to help Asda raise £100,000 for the charity, and to help fund its vital work to give every baby the best start in life.
The theme of the Tommy’s event is #whenIgrowup. There are three ways you can help.
- We would love to see blog posts around this theme. Get your little ones to dress up, draw a picture, even do a vlog, around the theme #whenIgrowup
- Tommy’s have produced a beautiful short video with some exceedingly cute kids talking about #whenIgrowup. We would love you to tweet it to your followers, share it through Facebook and Google+ and also embed it on your own blogs if you would like to.
- #whenIgrowup Twitter party – Will be hosted by Tommy’s this Thursday 30th August, from 12-1pm, using the hashtag #whenI growup, to ask our supporters and parents what their children dream of being when they grow up, and to get people talking about the Asda Baby & Toddler event, how Tommy’s work has helped them etc. We hope you can make this date and if so put in your diary, and look out for our invitations on twitter too! We will also have some great prizes to give away (Peppa Pig goodies and Asda vouchers).
I have blogged about and for Tommy’s for over a year now. Tommy’s hugely appreciates the work that bloggers do for them, and your posts will be tweeted and shared across their network.
Tommy’s funds vital medical research into why things go wrong in pregnancy, and supports hundreds of families across the UK when they have to suffer the trauma of a pregnancy loss or complication.
None of Tommy’s work would be possible without the support of the public, and partners like Asda. So far Asda’s contribution to Tommy’s has enabled:
- Funding of Tommy’s freephone PregnancyLine – a freephone phone line, staffed by midwives, that anyone can ring for support or advice following a pregnancy complication or loss. The line is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, and our midwives can be called on: 0800 0147 800.
- The charity’s new ‘Having a Premature Baby’ guide – an essential book for anyone who has had, or is at risk of, having a premature baby.
- By supporting the Asda Baby & Toddler event this August, the public can help Tommy’s continue their vital research to ensure that more babies are born healthy, and offer the continued support that families so desperately need after the loss of a baby.
Lend your support to this campaign and add your #whenIgrowup link below.