Is it May already? April seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye, didn’t it? Here are a few more tech links that I’ve found for you in the parent blogging world and beyond. Don’t forget to tweet me a link if you see anything around the World Wide Web that you think could be included in these round-ups too.
- April was Blog Camp UK month. I’m sure you all felt the buzz around what was happening in Birmingham and there are many, many write-ups about the day which you can find on this handy linky on the Tots100 site. Plenty there for you to get your teeth into.
- Normally I use this opportunity to flog my own blog and today is no exception. However, I’m highlighting this guest post from Lisa, The Mummy Whisperer which examines how you can make blogging successful for YOU. It breaks down blogging in a very logical way and has certainly helped me to affirm some thoughts that I have about the direction I am taking my blog.
- Leading on from Lisa’s post is an entry on my favourite “blogging about blogging” place, “Best Blogging Tips Online”. The post 10 Ways To Improve Your Blog For You And Your Readers is based around WordPress as a platform but still includes some great tips that we can all incorporate into our own blogs.
- Do you NOT have an iPhone? Can you NOT take part in the Instagram craze that is taking over Twitter and Facebook? Are you feeling left out? I’ve found a handy little app for Android phones called Lightbox which has a similar filters and allows you to upload direct from your phone, also posting direct to your social media platforms of choice. There’s a great little community building on there and some amazing imagery which puts my photos on my dog to shame, really!
- Have you ever tried to claim your blog in the Technorati directory and failed? Ruth at This Lemonade Life has written a really handy post which goes through the whole process step by step and explains why your first claim might not work if you’re using Feedburner.
- And finally, I’ll leave you with these two infographics from the Visual.ly Blog. The first one brought a smile to my face instantly and the second one is just ingeniously clever. Enjoy!
That just about wraps up this month’s Blog Talk. See you next month!