I confess, I love Twitter. At first I didn’t get it and my friend Jane practically browbeat me into using it. Now I check it loads of times every day to keep up with what friends and fellow bloggers are doing, saying, reading. But is it just a fad, like some of its detractors say? [...]
I read something the other day that is really bugging me. Is blogging dead? The debate is raging in blogosphere. Some prominent bloggers have decided to “retire” because, to sum it up, now that blogging has reached mainstream in the US, it’s not cool anymore. Microblogging, such as Twitter, is now the “in” thing.
Mummy, or “mommy” blogging, a huge phenomenon in the US, is just starting to take hold in the UK. A staggering 36 million women worldwide participate in “blogosphere” every week and fifteen million women have their own blogs. A growing number of these women are British. I’ve put together this guide to help mums who are interested in creating a blog, but [...]
Would you like to contribute to the leading voice in UK blogosphere? We’re looking for bloggers to submit articles on all kinds of topics related to parent blogging. Have an idea where blogging is headed? Some advice? An opinion? Please email us as mummybloggers (at) gmail (dot) com to enquire.
Don’t want to miss the latest in the UK parenting blogosphere? Sign up for our RSS feed, it will make our day. Subscribe in a reader
BritMums is a social network of friendly and supportive group of parent bloggers. We’re also very opinionated and highly vocal. Don’t let the name fool you — some members are dads! If you are a parent blogger and love the UK, please apply to join. Please note that membership is limited to parent bloggers only.
The leading voice in the British parenting blogosphere The BritMums blog is the official blog of the BritMums social network, which is made up of more than 2,500 very talented and very opinionated bloggers. Here you can see some of the great content generated by BritMums members, special initiatives and the latest goings-on in the parent blogging [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Jennifer Howze: Isn't it great to have those songs that touch you...
- Franglaise Mummy: Thanks for making us newbies feel so supported - I...
- Nell @ the Pigeon Pair and Me: It's not a protest song exactly...but whenever I ...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- BritMums Live: Being a newbie at BritMums Live ’12. 19 June 2013
- Style Round-up: The BiB’s Style Shortlist! 19 June 2013
- BritMums Live 2014 – ticket sales start Friday at noon! 18 June 2013